MSOT wants to continue to give back to the membership and support members in their professional development.
The PD bursary was created to help members fund their professional development. The bursary is retroactive for PD done last year (between March 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017). It is a $200 bursary meant to supplement other funding. Because it is drawn randomly it is important to submit your application to the MSOT office by March 1st 2017. It is a great opportunity to receive a little extra support for the PD that you have attended. Please see below for the description and criteria for the award. The application is on-line at most.mb.ca.
MSOT Professional Development Bursary – Description and Criteria
MSOT supports the continuing professional development of its members. This bursary was created to provide financial assistance to an Active MSOT member who has attended or participated in a professional development event and has incurred a personal expense greater than $200 as a result. This bursary is retroactive and is meant to supplement payment rather than fully fund the cost of the member’s professional development for a single event or activity costing more than $200.
Criteria for selection of the MSOT Professional Development Bursary
This bursary will be presented annually in the spring at the OT Celebration Night. Applications must be made by completing the MSOT PD Bursary Form and submitting by March 1 to email@example.com or by mail to MSOT Awards, #7-120 Maryland, Winnipeg MB, R3G 1L1.
The award will be drawn randomly from eligible submissions received by the deadline each year.
- Must be an MSOT member in good standing for a minimum of 1 year prior to application for the PDA
- Must complete the current MSOT Professional Development Bursary Form and submit to the MSOT Awards Committee chair by March 1.
- Only one application per member may be submitted.
- Must submit a copy of the PD activity receipts totalling at least $200. (The professional development must have occurred between March 1 of the current and February 28 of the prior year.)
- Must declare receipt of any additional financial support received for the PD event (i.e. from your employer, a community agency, etc.